- Last Updated
- May 16, 2022
- Job Title
- Administrative Assistant and Bookkeeper
- COBD: Camp Bowen Executive Director and COBD: Pacific Training Centre Executive Director
- Compile and update national membership database;
- Collect monthly ledgers from all divisions and chapters and compile for Treasurer and accountant;
- File documents on behalf of the National Board of Directors
- In consultation with Executive Directors, oversee the preparation of the organization’s financial statements;
- In consultation with Executive Directors, work with the organization’s accountant to complete reviews and/or audits;
- Direct inquiries to the appropriate team member(s); and
- Oversee the allocation of resources during emergency situations (CARE program).
- Prepare and send out invoices;
- Receive invoices from contractors and pay invoices using online banking, email money transfer, or by writing a cheque;
- Record and pay staff program and admin expenses;
- Keep a monthly record of account of all expenses and revenue, including annual totals broken down into expense and revenue categories, in both Word document and Excel spreadsheet formats;
- Save all account records and invoices in OneDrive;
- Keep track of all receipts, digitizing a copy of all hardcopy receipts;
- Monitor and handle petty cash adding expenses to petty cash spreadsheet;
- Deposit cheques and cash in corresponding bank accounts; and
- Send out tax receipts and thank you letters for donations.
- File T4’s and all other tax-related documents.
- Open mail and inform Executive Director of content;
- Keep track of all correspondence and other paperwork, digitizing all hardcopy correspondence and paperwork;
- Maintain a record of all enquiries, phone, email or in-person;
- Do simple formatting of documents, such as checking for consistency of font, print size, page layout and letter head;
- Prepare contracts based on a template and ready them for signature;
- Write and send out thank you letters for received grants, donations, and contributions; and
- Provide additional administrative support as requested or outlined in the Admin Manual.
- High School Diploma;
- Proficient in an office suite (e.g. Microsoft Office), Email and the Internet;
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Organizational and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to work with confidential documents;
- Ability to work independently requiring little direction or supervision; and
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work on multiple projects simultaneously and under pressure.