- Last Updated
- November 3, 2021
The guidelines below outline situations in which a request for a release of information may be received by the division, and how the various requests will be handled by the division.
- Information disclosed shall be limited to that which is expressly authorized by the court order or subpoena.
- The Division Executive Director will consult counsel to determine validity of court orders and subpoenas.
The person designated as in charge of the location where the warrant is being executed will:
- Ask for identification from and keep a record of the people executing the warrant.
- Contact the Division Executive Director immediately.
- Not interfere with the execution of the warrant.
- Send any staff home that are nonessential for ensuring participant well-being.
- Maintain a record of what is seized or taken.
- Designate one staff as contact for the executors of the warrant
The Division Executive Director will, upon notification of a search warrant, contact counsel immediately.
Legal counsel and the Division executive Director shall ensure ongoing compliance with the Personal Information Protection Act of BC and other relevant statutes in terms of:
- Requests for personal information and
- Management of personal information by the division.